Mexico City Listing
Mexico code is 52 You can phone inside Mexico by charge using 01 code. Mexico City Code is 5 for all numbers. Now it is usually incorporated, making an eight-digit number. If you see a seven-digit number add the 5 at the begining.|
- Benito Juarez International Airport of Mexico City - It is located to the northeast of the city, Captain Carlos Leon Av. s/n, Colony Rock of the Baths, Delegation Venustiano Carranza.(Tel (52) 5571 3600)
American Express - The office in Mexico City is placed at Reforma 234 (tel. 55/5207-7282), in the Zona Rosa. It is open for banking, and travel advice Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm and Saturday from 9am to 1pm.
- Mexicana - (Tel 55/5448-0990)
- Líneas Aéreas Azteca - (Tel 55/5716-8989)
- Aeroméxico - (Tel 55/5133-4000)
- Aerocalifornia - (Tel 55/5208-1457)
- AeroCaribe/AeroCozumel - (Tel 800-531-7921)
- America West - (Tel 800-235-9292)
Banks and exchange - Banks in Mexico City are regularly open Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm; many now offer Saturday and even Sunday business hours. Bank branches at the airport are open every time the airport is busy, including weekends. They generally offer ATMs and good rates of exchange. Banks and money-exchange offices line Avenida Reforma. The Centro Histórico downtown also has banks and money-exchange booths on almost every block, as does the Zona Rosa.
Buses - Buses to Mexico City leave constantly all day in 5 classes: turistar plus and primera are the ones to go for, as the roomy seating and free drinks of the costly executive-style buses fail to justify the extra cost. Second-class, avoiding the autopista, is very slow.
- Bancomer - (Tel 5621-3434)
- Banco Bital - (Tel 5721-2222)
- Citibank - (Tel 5258-3200)
- Bank of America - (Tel 5230-6300)
- Banamex - (Tel 5725-3000
Car rental - Rent a Car and Drive around this wonderful country and wonder at the archaeological sites, ruins, temples, cathedrals and Mayan cities. Visit one of the best tourist destinations the world to see what it has to offer.
- Bus station of the North - It is located to the north of the city, in Eje Central Lázaro Cárdenas Av. Nº 4907, Magdalena Colony of the Salinas, Delegation Gustavo A. Madero.
- Bus station of East (I TAPO) - It is located to the northeast of the city, in Calzada Ignacio Zaragoza and Eduardo Molina Av., Colonia 10 de Mayo, Delegation Venustiano Carranza.
- Bus station of the West - It is located to the southwest of the city, in Sur St. Nº 122 and Rio Tacubaya Av., Colonia Real del Monte, Delegation Alvaro Obregón.
- Bus station of the South - It is located to the south of the city, in Tasqueña Av. Nº 1320, Colony Campestre Churubusco, Coyoacán Delegation.
Embassies in Mexico
- Hertz - 6 Versalles Col. Juarez 11590 (Tel 555 5928343)
- Europcar - 8 Calle Estololmo Paseo De La Reforma O6600 (Tel 555 2075580)
- Alamo - 0 Colonia Veronica Anzurez 11590(Tel 555 2500055)
- Avis - 0 Paseo De La Reforma Col. Juarez (across from US Embassy) O6600(Tel 555 5112228)
- Thrifty - 322 Ave. Paseo De La Reforma Loc. A loc. Juarez O6600(Tel 555 2071100)
- Auto Europe: Car Hire - 450 Bath Road, 2nd floor, Abbey House Longford Heathrow, Middlesex, UK Mexico City U87 0EB(Tel 0800-358-1229)
Emergencies and Useful Phone Numbers
- British Embassy - Río Lerma 71, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, 06500 México DF, Mexico (Tel (5) 207 2089 Fax: (5) 207 7672)
- Embassy of the United States of America - Paseo de la Reforma 305, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, 06500 México DF, Mexico (Tel (5) 211 0042. Fax: (5) 511 9980)
- Canadian Embassy - Apartado Postal 105-05, Calle Schiller 529 (Rincon del Bosque), Colonia Polanco, 11580 México DF, Mexico (Tel (5) 724 7900. Fax: (5) 724 7980 (administration) or 724 7983 (immigration))
- Embassy of France - Campos Elíseos 339 (Tel 5282-9700)
- Embassy of Spain - Galileo 114 (Tel 5282-2974)
Internet - México City has amazing access to the internet considering the availability in the rest of Latin America. There are several Internet Cafes throughout the city. Price varies from $10 to $20 pesos an hour.
- Police - Emergencies, traffic, fire etc. (Tel 060 and 080)
- To report a crime - (Tel 061 )
- Fire Dept - (Tel 5768-8261)
- Ambulance - Red Cross (Tel 5557-5757)
- Federal Highway Police - (Tel 5684-2142)
- Consumer Affairs - (Tel 5568-8722)
- Tourist Security - (Tel 52 50 0123, 01-800-00 77 100)
- Red Cross - (Tel 5395 11 11)
- Missing persons, Citizen line, women, children and elder (LOCATEL) - (Tel 56 58 11 11)
- Emergency - (Tel Emergency)
- Fire - (Tel 57 68 37 00, 55 60 38 68)
- Neurosis and mental health - (Tel 55 39 55 51)
- Drugs addiction - (Tel 55 34 34 34)
- Consumers Boureau - (Tel 55 68 87 22)
- AIDS Foundations (TELSIDA) - (Tel AIDS Foundations (TELSIDA))
- Alcoholism assistance - (Tel 55 10 28 83, 55 15 1528)
- InfoTur - Daily from 9.00 to 21.00 hours. (Tel 525-9380, 525-9381, 525-9382, 525-9383, 525-9384)
- Telephon Numbers Information - (Tel 040)
- Wakeup Call - (Tel 030)
- Mail, National Information Center - (Tel 5250-8221/0123)
Post Office - The main post office in Mexico City is placed at the corner of Tacuba Av. and Lázaro Cardenas Av. Your hotel should be able to handle getting postcards or letters out, but should you have to post a parcel, you will possibly have to visit the post office.
Hospitals and Medical Services
- English Speaking Dentist - Chas. Cornish (Tel 5540-2946)
- Clinica Londres - English Spoken (Tel 5229-8400)
- Hospital ABC - English Spoken - 24 hrs (Tel 5230-8000)
- Private Ambulance - English Spoken (Tel 5705-0925)
- Farmacia San Isidro - (Tel 5578-1825)
- Farmacia París - (Tel 5709-5349)
- Farmacia Express - (Tel 5356-1156)
- Farmacia Central - (Tel 5522-6422)
- Farmacia Clinica Londres - (Tel 5229-8400)
- Radio-Elite - (Tel 55/5660-1122)
- Radio-Taxi - (Tel 55/5566-0077)
- Servi-Taxis - (Tel 55/5271-2560)
- Taxi-Mex - (Tel 55/5519-7690)