The city of Oaxaca has an international airport with exceptional air services between the city of Mexico, Acapulco, Guadalajara, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Villa Hermosa, Mérida and Cancún, served by the air lines: Mexican, Aeromexico, Aviacsa and Aztec Aerial Líneas. Also it is possible to connect international flights, coming from the United States, Europe, Centro and South America to the city of Oaxaca, just because there are several flights with schedules that allow these connections.|
In order to arrive at the city of Oaxaca from your country: book your ticket of airplane that transfers you to the city of Mexico. In order to arrive by air at the city of Oaxaca; 4 air lines work that are Mexicana de Aviación, Aeroméxico, Aviacsa y Líneas Aéreas Azteca, these companies have their operational base in the International Airport of the city of Mexico.
- Oaxaca International Airport - Carretera Oaxaca-Puerto Angel Km 7.5, Oaxaca, Edo. de Oaxaca (Tel (52) 95 - 1511-5088)
From Mexico City to Oaxaca City daily 6 lines of buses offers its services, you can travel to Oaxaca on a comfort bus and the trip takes about 6 hours on the expressway that connects Oaxaca City to Mexico City. Buses depart from Mexico City's eastern bus station (Central de Autobuses Oriente) and are regular and abundant, though pre-booking is recommended during Mexican festivities.
- First-class - Calz. Niños Héroes de Chapultepec 1036, at Calle Emilio Carranza, Oaxaca City, Oaxaca, Mexico. (Tel 951/513-0529)
- Second-class Station - Prolongación de Trujano at the Periférico, Oaxaca, Mexico. (Tel 951/516-1218)
- Añasa terminal - Calle Libertad 1215, at Calle Arista, Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Estrella de Valle terminal - Calle Armenta y López 721, Centro Histórico, Oaxaca City, Oaxaca, Mexico. (Tel 958/514-0806)
Go to Oaxaca by Car is incredibly efficient now with a high-speed toll road; from Mexico City use the freeway Nº 150 in the section Mexico - Puebla; next by the Freeway Not 150-0 Puebla Cordova until the junction with the expressway Cuacnopalan - Oaxaca, and then by this one until arriving at the city of Oaxaca. The time approximate is of 5hrs. The roads in the state are usually in good conditions. Make certain to fill up when you see a gas station, for the reason that outside the city there are few and far between.
Getting Around Oaxaca
You can use a bus service inside the city, other than you perhaps will not need to use it, the bus station are cheap and easy to use. The second-class terminal serves lesser towns inside the state; it is placed near the Central de Abastos, southwest of the Zócalo. To visit the coast, regular, cheap second-rate buses join Puerto Escondido, Puerto Ángel, and Huatulco, making a pit stop at Pochutla. Buses costs about $2 for each length, and you can take one every 15 minutes.
In Oaxaca the taxis are not metered, so agree determine the charge ahead of time (in town, generally $2-$3), or pay about $15 an hour for destinations inside the city. Maybe your hotel can arrange taxis for you; some post their tariffs on a board in the lobby. About the coast of Oaxaca, taxis in Puerto Escondido are not expensive, from 15 pesos (less than $1.50) for a transport from one end of town to another. rides will be slightly more expensive in late nights, but not more than 25 pesos ($2.25).
- Radio Taxi - (Tel 954/582-0990)
- Sitio de Taxi Chahué - (Tel 958/587-0712)
Oaxaca is very accessible by road, and there is plenty to see and do in the surrounding areas - including two of Mexico's major archaeological parks - Monte Alban and Mitla. Renting a car would be a smart option if you're thinking about exploring this region in detail, as it will give you the freedom and flexibility to see more of the area and its surrounding attractions. Budget, Alamo, and Hertz all have offices in the Centro Historico.
Car Rental Companies
- Hertz - Plaza Labastida 115-49, Centro Histórico, Oaxaca City, Oaxaca, Mexico. (Tel 951/516-2434; 951/511-5478 at the airport)
- Alamo - Nº 203, 5 de Mayo St., Centro Histórico, Oaxaca City, Oaxaca, Mexico. (Tel 951/514-8534)
- Budget - Nº 315, 5 de Mayo St., across from the Camino Real Oaxaca, Centro Histórico, Oaxaca City, Oaxaca, Mexico. (Tel 951/515-4445; 951/511-5252 at the airport)